Re: jcvs help with tags  XML

<pre>> Hi there. I've been using jCVS for a while now and I really like it
> because it saves me a lot of time. I have a question about using the
> tag feature, and when I went to www.ice.com to sign up for the email
> mailing list, the link there
> http://www.gjt.org/cgi-bin/lwgate/lwgate/JCVS/subscribe.html was not
> working. So here I am.

Thank you for pointing this out. I had forgotten to update those pages
to point to the new mailing list servlet. I have taken the liberty of
adding you to the jCVS list. You may wish to subscribe to the announce
list.

> When I select a number of files in a project and go to the Selection,
> Tag Files menu, I get an error:
>
> CVS [server aborted]: tag '<the path & name of my first file>' must not
> contain the characters '$,.:;@' The command encountered an error.
>
> Am I misunderstanding the Tag Files menu selection? I can do tags
> without jcvs, but it is a real pain to keep going back and forth between
> jcvs & my DOS window for this sort of thing.

Are you typing the tag value into the text field at the top of the
project window? If you do not type this in, it will use the first
filename as the tag, which can cause problems.

tim.
Tim Endres, ICE Engineering, Inc.
mailto: time@ice.com http://www.ice.com
"Usenet - A slow moving self parody." -- Peter Honeyman