Re: jCVS  XML

<pre>On Fri, Sep 11 1998, Simon Macdonald wrote:
> Thanks for taking the time to work on a neat program like jCVS. I think it
> will be very benificial to my work. Unfortunately, I'm having some startup
> problems. I can use cvs commands on UNIX fine and I can use the test
> connection dialog box in jCVS to make sure the server is running but when I
> try to do an import I get a weird error.
>
> cvs [server aborted]: gunzip exited 256
>
> Short response, no status response from server.

Your gzip is not happy with the data stream. Not sure why.

This is the result of a new feature in jCVS 4.7 that includes the ability
to GZIP the files when transferred to save bandwidth. You can disable this
via the "Allow Compression" checkbox menu item in the File menu in the
Project window. Or you can disable it permanently by placing:
jCVS.global.allowGzipFileMode=true
in your "jcvsrc" file.

tim.
Tim Endres, ICE Engineering, Inc.
mailto: time@ice.com http://www.ice.com
"Usenet - A slow moving self parody." -- Peter Honeyman

<pre>I seem to have a problem working in an CVS environment with jCVS. Using
jCVS, I have checked out the module. I then go and make changes to a file
and then do a project update and commit. When I do this, I lose the changes
that I have done to the file and it reverts back to the version which is in
the repository. What am I doing wrong?

Chris Erskine
CSSC
chris.erskine@eds.com
719-533-2069

<pre>On Mon, Aug 23 1999, Erskine, Chris wrote:
Erskin> I seem to have a problem working in an CVS environment with jCVS. Using
Erskin> jCVS, I have checked out the module. I then go and make changes to a
file
Erskin> and then do a project update and commit. When I do this, I lose the
changes
Erskin> that I have done to the file and it reverts back to the version which is
in
Erskin> the repository. What am I doing wrong?

Sounds like, for a reason that I do not know, that the update is reverting the
file.
You should try doing a commit with the prior update. Maybe you have a sticky tag
that
is causing the update to do what it is. If you could send a trace of the
protocol, I
could make more sense of it.

What happens if you select the file by itself and do "Selection -> Commit"?

Tim Endres - time@ice.com
ICE Engineering, Inc. - http://www.ice.com/
"USENET - a slow moving self parody." - Peter Honeyman