Ignoring files  XML

<pre>
Hi,

after finally getting jCVS up and running (great stuff!), I need to know
if it is possible to reset the default ignore files.
(This is done manually with !)
The problem is, that one of my directories is called core.
Since a *file* named core is ignored by default and cvs doesn't check
if core is a file or directory, my whole core directory is ignored !

I tried to use the following in the "Ignore" field when importing:
!
*.class

but unfortunately that didn't work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Jochen

<pre>On Thu, Sep 17 1998, Jochen Bedersdorfer wrote:
> I tried to use the following in the "Ignore" field when importing:
> !
> *.class

That should work. Could you do me a favor and try them on the
same line, as in "! *.class" and let me know what happens?
Thanks,
tim.
Tim Endres, ICE Engineering, Inc.
mailto: time@ice.com http://www.ice.com
"Usenet - A slow moving self parody." -- Peter Honeyman

<pre>
> > I tried to use the following in the "Ignore" field when importing:
> > !
> > *.class
>
> That should work. Could you do me a favor and try them on the
> same line, as in "! *.class" and let me know what happens?

Yep. This time it worked.
Thank you.
I needed to add 'CVS' to the list though, because otherwise cvs crashed

Cheers,
Jochen