jCVS command-line interface?  XML

<pre>
> I have contemplated one many times, along with a scripting
> language that could be imbedded into jCVS, but I have never
> had the time to get it done.

There is a version of Python that is implemented
in Java. This might provide an easy way to add
a scripting language to jcvs. there's a link to it - called
Jpython - at http://www.python.org

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Kevin Dahlhausen ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Morse Controls ap096@po.cwru.edu
Thought for the day:
Dictatorship (n): a form of government under which everything
which is not prohibited is compulsory.

<pre>Hi:

I am planning on automating our build process of our software and I was
wondering if there is a command-line interface to jCVS. If there is, where
can I find out more information on it?

Thanks,
Nigel

Northern Telecom Limited Nigel M. Lowe, B. Eng.
Data Management Technologies email: nlowe@nortel.com
Dept. 7S25 voice: (905) 863-5282
Advanced Services Development fax : (905) 863-5142
Brampton, Ontario, CANADA

<pre>On Mon, Sep 21 1998, Nigel Lowe wrote:
> I am planning on automating our build process of our software and I was
> wondering if there is a command-line interface to jCVS. If there is, where
> can I find out more information on it?

Hi Nigel.

This is one thing that has not happened yet.

I have contemplated one many times, along with a scripting
language that could be imbedded into jCVS, but I have never
had the time to get it done.

Of course, the cvs command line client should do what you want
and it should be able to handle the jCVS working directories
just fine. This has been the design goal, although there are a
couple of minor known problems.

tim.
Tim Endres, ICE Engineering, Inc.
mailto: time@ice.com http://www.ice.com
"Usenet - A slow moving self parody." -- Peter Honeyman