Re: Adding a file to a project/module  XML

<pre>On Tue, Sep 22 1998, Per Anders Waaler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to add a file to my project (a .java file):
> Misc->Add File
> Double-click on correct file:
>
> Output:
> cvs server: scheduling file `MLProperties.java' for addition
> cvs server: use 'cvs commit' to add this file permanently
>
> The command completed successfully.
>
> Then on the Project Menu I select commit:
> cvs server: Examining com/marlink/common

Please try to do the following instead:

Right click on the added file's icon, which will cause the
popup menu to appear. Select 'Commit File'.

This should commit the added file as you expect.

> The command completed successfully.
>
> The new file is not shown in the file-tree.
> Releasing the project and then doing a new checkout does not help.

I am not clear on why the "Project --> Commit" is not working, but
I will look into it. If you happen to have a "trace" of that command
failing, it would be helpful.

tim.
Tim Endres, ICE Engineering, Inc.
mailto: time@ice.com http://www.ice.com
"Usenet - A slow moving self parody." -- Peter Honeyman