Re: jCVS and gzip  XML

<pre>On Tue, Sep 22 1998, Kristian =?iso-8859-1?Q?K=F6hntopp?= wrote:
> When jCVS tries to check out from my pserver archive, it complains that
> the server cannot find gzip. I tracked that down and fixed it, but I
> wonder why this problem does not occur when I use a Solaris command line
> client compiled from cyclic.com source. Doesn't that client use gzip as
> well? Or can I disable the use of gzip with jCVS?

You can disable gzip use in jCVS is you want. It is controlled by the
"Allow File Compression" menu item in the project menu, and can be set
globally by the "jCVS.global.allowGzipFileMode" (true/false) property.

As for the command line client, it is using an internal compression
library to accomplish its compression, which is also built into the
server.

In the next release, jCVS will use the same compresion method, which
will virtually eliminate the need for the gzip compression method.

tim.
Tim Endres, ICE Engineering, Inc.
mailto: time@ice.com http://www.ice.com
"Usenet - A slow moving self parody." -- Peter Honeyman

<pre>Tim Endres wrote:
> You can disable gzip use in jCVS is you want. It is controlled by the
> "Allow File Compression" menu item in the project menu, and can be set
> globally by the "jCVS.global.allowGzipFileMode" (true/false) property.

Where do I put my properties.txt file? I installed such a file just in the
same directory as the .zip file, but it changed nothing. I put the line

jCVS.global.temporaryDirectory=c:/temp

into it, but jCVS continued to use d:\temp. I hacked my way into jCVS by
subst'ing d: for c:\, but I don't like that. A dir /s prop*.* turned up
nothing useful and I am missing truss and strace on NT (*1). Is there a
sample properties.txt with every option set to the default value?

Kristian

(*1) I am developing PHPLIB (http://phplib.shonline.de), a LGPL'ed library
for the PHP language (http://www.php.net) and set up a CVS pserver for
interested developers. Me, I am a Unix type and only use my NT workstation
as an X terminal. I am a bit lost on debugging on NT...

--
SH Online Dienst GmbH, Kristian Koehntopp,
Siemenswall, 24107 Kiel, +49 431 386 436 00