Re: jCVS UNIX tar file error  XML

<pre>On Wed, Sep 23 1998, Erin O'Neill wrote:
> On page:
> http://www.ice.com/java/jcvs/
> Your file (it is in the tar.gz format) unzips/untars into the windows
> bundle (complete with
> with only these dirs:
> application/ doc/
> and in application there is:
> jcvs.jar jcvsdde.exe shellex.exe

The packages contain the same files. The only difference is
that text files use the UNIX line terminator. The Windows executables
should simply be ignored.

> So the README.html doesn't match the files that I have (plus a strings
> of shellex.exe contains:
> This program cannot be run in DOS mode.). Neither the source nor the
> executable pkg. seems to contain the files that the README.html says I
> should have???

I will check the README to make sure it is more up to date.

> Is it possible to get the UNIX (we have UNIX <--> UNIX (actually
> Solaris) for CVS?? We also have NT users but it seems they'll have no
> trouble getting their version.

You have it. You should be able to run jCVS just fine with the
package that you have. Let me know if you can not run jCVS and
I will try to help you figure it out.

tim.
Tim Endres, ICE Engineering, Inc.
mailto: time@ice.com http://www.ice.com
"Usenet - A slow moving self parody." -- Peter Honeyman