Re: jcvs question (setting temporary directory property)  XML

<pre>On Thu, Sep 24 1998, Kumar, Sushil wrote:
> I installed it on my NT machine. I donot have a partition 'd:' on my
> hard drive. It seems to require that i use a d:\users\... when i check out
> some files. I read up the README.html file, and i tried to add a
> properties.txt in the c:\jcvs-4.7.3\application directory with
> 'user.home=c:\temp', but for some reason it does not read it.

First, the 'properties.txt' file is now deprecated. Do not use it.

You want to place all properties in "$HOME/jcvsrc.txt", where $HOME
is the 'user.home' directory printed out by jCVS at startup.

Second, you want a property in that file that looks like this:

jCVS.global.temporaryDirectory=C:/temp

NOTE the forward slash. If you want to use '\', you must escape
it, as in "C:\\temp", since the properties are read by a class
that processes escapes. However, jCVS will work with the '/'
on all platforms.

tim.
Tim Endres, ICE Engineering, Inc.
mailto: time@ice.com http://www.ice.com
"Usenet - A slow moving self parody." -- Peter Honeyman