RE: jcvs question (setting user.home on startup)  XML

<pre>On Thu, Sep 24 1998, Kumar, Sushil wrote:
> I was able to run jcvs with a command line option of "-home c:\users". When
> i did the 'Add to Project List", it tried to save to d:\users\... .,
> obviously it is not picking up c:\users for "Add to Project List".
>
> Could you tell me what the property should be in the jcvsrc.txt file in
> order to define the user.home value. This willl enable me to get rid of the
> command line parameter "-home" used above.

The way to specify your home directory is via the "-D" option to the
java VM. To do this, you would use:

java -Duser.home=C:/users com.ice.jcvs.CVSApplication

When jCVS starts, it will print what it believes user.home is.

tim.
Tim Endres, ICE Engineering, Inc.
mailto: time@ice.com http://www.ice.com
"Usenet - A slow moving self parody." -- Peter Honeyman