Re: [jcvs] reverting after unedit.  XML

<pre>Try the update command with the argument "-CA" on a selected file.
tim.

> Is there a way in JCVS to revert to the starting revision if i didn't commit
yet when i do unedit.
> most clients let you do that today.
> if not, is there a function that returns the #file.version to its original
location?
> if not, what are the key package.functions to controll the "Entries" file
appropriately so i can
> write something myself.
> 10x.
>
> * - * - *
> Tzahi Fadida
> MSc Student
> Information System Engineering Area
> Faculty of Industrial Engineering & Management
> Technion - Israel Institute of Technology
> Technion City, Haifa, Israel 32000
> Email TzahiFadida@Lycos.Co.Uk
> Technion Email: Tzahi@TX.Technion.ac.il
> * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - *

<pre>Does "update -C" respect the version in your WD?
tim.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/my2nis/spamwarning.html

<pre>this is not really reverting, if for example i was working on version 1.50 and i
was editing it and
then updated without yet commiting then now in the "Entries" files the version
1.51 will show before i commited.
if i will do update -CA i will get version 1.51 when in fact i should have
gotten 1.50 which
is what i started with.
most cvs clients when you do unedit revert to the 1.50 version, see wincvs.

* - * - *
Tzahi Fadida
MSc Student
Information System Engineering Area
Faculty of Industrial Engineering & Management
Technion - Israel Institute of Technology
Technion City, Haifa, Israel 32000
Email TzahiFadida@Lycos.Co.Uk
Technion Email: Tzahi@TX.Technion.ac.il
* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - *

WARNING TO SPAMMERS: see at http://members.lycos.co.uk/my2nis/spamwarning.html

<pre>no, it does not.
It can't actually, since if i worked on version 1.50 and then on the server
there is already 1.51
and i've done update to merge the changes, my WD Entries file will show 1.51, so
when i'll do an
update with -C (clean copy) i will get 1.51 not 1.50.
what wincvs and other clients do, is create a new directoty in WD\CVS for
example "basedir" and a
file in WD\CVS called "baserev". in baserev they put the version of the file
when you clicked on
"edit" and copy the original file to the basedir. if you haven't yet commited,
when you will clock
on "unedit" if will inquire if you want to revert. if you say yes then the
basedir\originalfile will
write the current one and the CVS\Entries file will revert its originalfile
timestamp and details to
the one in the "baserev" file.

i did not find any implementation for that in the jcvs sources
what are the key functions that jcvs uses to manipulate the Entries file?

* - * - *