[jcvs] Query regarding cvs arguments  XML

<pre>Hi Tim,

How can I give the arguments for cvs .. I know how to give arguments
for cvs commands

But if I meant to give like {{ cvs -n update test/test.rm }} how can
I specify the -n option there.
Could you please help me in this regard.

Thanks
Vasu.

This message is confidential and may also be legally privileged. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify postmaster@adpwilco.com immediately. You
should not copy it or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any
other person. The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail message are the
author's own and may not reflect the views and opinions of ADP Wilco.

<pre>Hi,

Arguments, as I am sure you know already, are placed into the text field at the
top of the project window. The arguments are read from the text field when you
execute any command, and then they are removed so they are not left in place
for the next command.

However, I suspect that your issue is that you wish to use one of CVS's special
"global" options. These are different, and must be entered differenly. For
global
options, such as "-n", you must place them inside square brackets in order to
tell jCVS to make them global options.

For instance, in the example you gave, you would place "[ -n ]" in the arguments
text field.

tim.

> Hi Tim,
>
> How can I give the arguments for cvs .. I know how to give arguments
> for cvs commands
>
> But if I meant to give like {{ cvs -n update test/test.rm }} how can
> I specify the -n option there.
> Could you please help me in this regard.
>
> Thanks
> Vasu.

<pre>Thanks tim... I got it...

I am planning to write an independent CVS unit which communicates with the
client-server protocol(hence I am using cvsc package). My aim is to build a
non-gui version of jcvs and hence I have studied the essential modules of
jcvs and started my work.
I wrote my own properties file and have discarded defaults.properties , when
I make the necessary initializations like
Connection mechanism, repository path, login detals etc. I saw that there
was very much information in the properties file which you used (included
things like gui-menu details, command details(which I am using
now),time-stamp format etc).
Can I skip the intialization process done by config class and write my own
class comprising of the necessary features.

P.S : I am skipping unimportant details like OS-details, Timestamp format
etc in my present properties file. Can I achive my target with out
initialization using a config class. I am planning to use my own class
there...

Hope I am clear....
Thanks
Vasu.

Arguments, as I am sure you know already, are placed into the text field at
the top of the project window. The arguments are read from the text field
when you execute any command, and then they are removed so they are not left
in place for the next command.

However, I suspect that your issue is that you wish to use one of CVS's
special "global" options. These are different, and must be entered
differenly. For global options, such as "-n", you must place them inside
square brackets in order to tell jCVS to make them global options.

For instance, in the example you gave, you would place "[ -n ]" in the
arguments text field.

tim.

> Hi Tim,
>
> How can I give the arguments for cvs .. I know how to give arguments

> for cvs commands
>
> But if I meant to give like {{ cvs -n update test/test.rm }} how can

> I specify the -n option there. Could you please help me in this
> regard.
>
> Thanks
> Vasu.

_
addressee and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.
If the reader of the
communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete
the message and any attachments from your system.