[Logo] JCVSForum - Community Support For JCVS Users and Developers
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[jcvs] How do I check out jCVS source via anon cvs?  XML
Forum Index » JCVS Mailing List
Author Message
jcvslist


[Avatar]

Joined: 03/06/2004 19:54:53
Messages: 3096
Location: Earth
Offline

<pre>I would really like to compile my own version of jCVS, and perhaps play
around with the source. After scouring the site for about an hour, I
cannot find anything that tells me what my cvsroot should be to do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave Eccleston



</pre>

jCVS Maoiling List arvhive.
[WWW]
jcvslist


[Avatar]

Joined: 03/06/2004 19:54:53
Messages: 3096
Location: Earth
Offline

<pre>cvs.trustice.com
/ice/cvs

However, you might prefer working with the source in the release package.

> I would really like to compile my own version of jCVS, and perhaps play
> around with the source. After scouring the site for about an hour, I
> cannot find anything that tells me what my cvsroot should be to do this.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Dave Eccleston

</pre>

jCVS Maoiling List arvhive.
[WWW]
jcvslist


[Avatar]

Joined: 03/06/2004 19:54:53
Messages: 3096
Location: Earth
Offline

<pre>Thanks for the info, that worked for me. I would prefer not to work
with the release package, because if anything I do results in a
legitimate bug fix it would be easier to capture the diffs and submit a
patch.

But now that I'm looking at what I checked out, I'm confused. Why does
it still use mindbright? I thought you abandoned that in favor of j2ssh.

Dave

Tim Endres wrote:

>cvs.trustice.com
>/ice/cvs
>
>However, you might prefer working with the source in the release package.
>
>
>
>>I would really like to compile my own version of jCVS, and perhaps play
>>around with the source. After scouring the site for about an hour, I
>>cannot find anything that tells me what my cvsroot should be to do this.
>>
>>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Dave Eccleston
>>
>>
>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>View List Archive: <http://www.gjt.org/mlist/jcvs/threads.html>
>Search List Archive: <http://csdl.ics.hawaii.edu:8100/>
>To unsubscribe from this list:
> <http://www.gjt.org/servlets/MailingLists/UnsubForm.html/jcvs>
>
>
>

</pre>

jCVS Maoiling List arvhive.
[WWW]
jcvslist


[Avatar]

Joined: 03/06/2004 19:54:53
Messages: 3096
Location: Earth
Offline

<pre>Well, this is precisely the reason that I suggest using the release source.

First, there are many projects on the ICE tree that use common packages,
but which do not necessarily always remain insync. This is not as frequent
a problem as it used to be, but still occasionally packages get out of sync.

Second, I do not religiously update the anon cvs tree. I am just too busy.

Finally, I am almost never able to apply patches to anything except well
tagged releases. So, if you were to submit a patch to me against the current
anon cvs tree, I may or may not be able to match it. Again, this is less of a
problem now than it used to be simply because I am not making sweeping
changes to the code these days.

I agree that this is less than ideal, but it is an artifact of my present
circumstance.

tim.

> Thanks for the info, that worked for me. I would prefer not to work
> with the release package, because if anything I do results in a
> legitimate bug fix it would be easier to capture the diffs and submit a
> patch.
>
> But now that I'm looking at what I checked out, I'm confused. Why does
> it still use mindbright? I thought you abandoned that in favor of j2ssh.
>
> Dave
>
> Tim Endres wrote:
>
> >cvs.trustice.com
> >/ice/cvs
> >
> >However, you might prefer working with the source in the release package.
> >
> >
> >
> >>I would really like to compile my own version of jCVS, and perhaps play
> >>around with the source. After scouring the site for about an hour, I
> >>cannot find anything that tells me what my cvsroot should be to do this.
> >>
> >>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >>
> >>Thanks,
> >>Dave Eccleston
> >>
> >>
> >
> >--------------------------------------------------------------------
> >View List Archive: <http://www.gjt.org/mlist/jcvs/threads.html>
> >Search List Archive: <http://csdl.ics.hawaii.edu:8100/>
> >To unsubscribe from this list:
> > <http://www.gjt.org/servlets/MailingLists/UnsubForm.html/jcvs>
> >
> >
> >
>

</pre>

jCVS Maoiling List arvhive.
[WWW]
jcvslist


[Avatar]

Joined: 03/06/2004 19:54:53
Messages: 3096
Location: Earth
Offline

<pre>Ok, thanks for the explanation. I will definately work on the release
source as you suggest. But I have to say that it's ironic that a CVS
tool's source code would have such a messed up repository scheme.
(Have to bust on you a little, but it's not like my own setup is near
flawless or anything.)

Anyway, I have been using jCVS for about 4 years now, and I must say
it's an excellent tool. I've completely given up command line CVS, and
recommend jCVS to all my friends. Thanks for doing a great job.

Dave

Tim Endres wrote:

>Well, this is precisely the reason that I suggest using the release source.
>
>First, there are many projects on the ICE tree that use common packages,
>but which do not necessarily always remain insync. This is not as frequent
>a problem as it used to be, but still occasionally packages get out of sync.
>
>Second, I do not religiously update the anon cvs tree. I am just too busy.
>
>Finally, I am almost never able to apply patches to anything except well
>tagged releases. So, if you were to submit a patch to me against the current
>anon cvs tree, I may or may not be able to match it. Again, this is less of a
>problem now than it used to be simply because I am not making sweeping
>changes to the code these days.
>
>I agree that this is less than ideal, but it is an artifact of my present
circumstance.
>
>tim.
>
>
>
>>Thanks for the info, that worked for me. I would prefer not to work
>>with the release package, because if anything I do results in a
>>legitimate bug fix it would be easier to capture the diffs and submit a
>>patch.
>>
>>But now that I'm looking at what I checked out, I'm confused. Why does
>>it still use mindbright? I thought you abandoned that in favor of j2ssh.
>>
>>Dave
>>
>>Tim Endres wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>>>cvs.trustice.com
>>>/ice/cvs
>>>
>>>However, you might prefer working with the source in the release package.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>I would really like to compile my own version of jCVS, and perhaps play
>>>>around with the source. After scouring the site for about an hour, I
>>>>cannot find anything that tells me what my cvsroot should be to do this.
>>>>
>>>>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>>>
>>>>Thanks,
>>>>Dave Eccleston
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>View List Archive: <http://www.gjt.org/mlist/jcvs/threads.html>
>>>Search List Archive: <http://csdl.ics.hawaii.edu:8100/>
>>>To unsubscribe from this list:
>>> <http://www.gjt.org/servlets/MailingLists/UnsubForm.html/jcvs>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>
>
>

</pre>

jCVS Maoiling List arvhive.
[WWW]
 
Forum Index » JCVS Mailing List
Go to:   
Powered by JForum 2.1.9 © JForum Team