[jcvs] startup-questions...  XML

<pre>Hello

i'd like to implement jcvs into my application but i don't know how to start.
could someone give me a hint on which classes i have to implement in which
order, to do a simple import or commit?
some general-questions: is it possible to get all available modules on the
cvs-server via the api? and is it also possible to get a list of all revisions
of a file?

thanks a lot,
matthias

<pre>The CVS client protocol is implemented entirely in the com.ice.cvsc package.
I recommend that you start with com.ice.jcvsii.TestPanel and after successfully
connecting within your application, then move to com.ice.jcvsii.CheckoutPanel.
Those are the two easiest functionalities to implement. That should get you
quite a ways down the road.

tim.

> Hello
>
> i'd like to implement jcvs into my application but i don't know how to start.
could someone give me a hint on which classes i have to implement in which
order, to do a simple import or commit?
> some general-questions: is it possible to get all available modules on the
cvs-server via the api? and is it also possible to get a list of all revisions
of a file?

> thanks a lot,
> matthias

<pre>or you can try my library built upon jcvs. It gives you highlevel functionality
with a documented api abstracting jcvs. I cannot promise anything about
compliance with recent version of jcvs, since
i don't have time to work on it. maybe later in the new year.
check out "cvslib"
http://www.technion.ac.il/~tzahi/

* - * - *
Tzahi Fadida
MSc Student
Information System Engineering Area
Faculty of Industrial Engineering & Management
Technion - Israel Institute of Technology
Technion City, Haifa, Israel 32000
Email TzahiFadida@MyRealBox.com
Technion Email: Tzahi@TX.Technion.ac.il
* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - *

WARNING TO SPAMMERS: see at http://members.lycos.co.uk/my2nis/spamwarning.html

<pre>Tim,

i can only find TestConnectPanel which needs other objects in it's constructor.
this way i walk up until JCVS which seems to be the root of the complete
program. if i create the following objects and pass them until i can create
TestConnectPanel i get a null pointer-exception.

JCVS jcvs = new JCVS();
Rectangle r1 = new Rectangle();
MainFrame mainFrame = new MainFrame(jcvs, "lalala",r1);
MainPanel mainPanel = new MainPanel(mainFrame);
TestConnectPanel temp = new TestConnectPanel(mainPanel);

this code is inside of the main-method of my new created class (extends JFrame).
But after compiling i get the following error:

java.lang.NullPointerException at
com.ice.jcvsii.MainPanel.<init>(MainPanel.java:45) at
com.ice.jcvsii.MainFrame.<init>(MainFrame.java:61) at
test.temp.main(temp.java:23) Exception in thread "main"

any ideas?? thanks...
Matthias

<pre>I do not recommend trying to use that class as it is written. I suggest it as
the simplest
example of the use of the com.ice.cvsc package. You should not have any code fom

com.ice.jcvsii in your project. Only com.ice.cvsc.

tim.