[jcvs] Implementing com.ice.cvsc  XML

<pre>hello,

i'm trying to implement cvsc (thanks tim!) into my application. but i think i
need some help getting started like which objects to create for a command. for
now i have a CVSClient with Default-Constructor and a CVSRequest with username,
password, port, servername, repository and pserver set. but i can't find
anything on how to set the modulename, type of operation (export, checkout
etc...).
Maybe you have some code-snippet which performs a checkout- and/or
import-operation? I think that would help a lot

thanks,

<pre>[Sorry, i hit "send" too early --> forgot to append my name]

hello,

i'm trying to implement cvsc (thanks tim!) into my application. but i think i
need some help getting started like which objects to create for a command. for
now i have a CVSClient with Default-Constructor and a CVSRequest with username,
password, port, servername, repository and pserver set. but i can't find
anything on how to set the modulename, type of operation (export, checkout
etc...).
Maybe you have some code-snippet which performs a checkout- and/or
import-operation? I think that would help a lot

thanks,
Matthias Minich

T-Systems GEI
DA-8 Application Support & Service
Adress: 1-3 Goebelstrasse, Darmstadt, 64293
Postal Adress: P.O. box 1006045, Darmstadt, 64206
Phone: +49 6151 820-9950
eMail: matthias.minich@t-systems.com
Internet: http://www.t-systems.com

<pre>Look at the java scripts in jcvsii, as well as the TestPanel, CheckoutPanel,
and ExportPanel classes in jcvsii. Also, check out this utility class:

http://www.technion.ac.il/~tzahi/

tim.

> [Sorry, i hit "send" too early --> forgot to append my name]
>
> hello,
>
> i'm trying to implement cvsc (thanks tim!) into my application. but i think i
need some help getting started like which objects to create for a command. for
now i have a CVSClient with Default-Constructor and a CVSRequest with username,
password, port, servername, repository and pserver set. but i can't find
anything on how to set the modulename, type of operation (export, checkout
etc...).
> Maybe you have some code-snippet which performs a checkout- and/or
import-operation? I think that would help a lot

> thanks,
> Matthias Minich
>
> T-Systems GEI
> DA-8 Application Support & Service
> Adress: 1-3 Goebelstrasse, Darmstadt, 64293
> Postal Adress: P.O. box 1006045, Darmstadt, 64206
> Phone: +49 6151 820-9950
> eMail: matthias.minich@t-systems.com
> Internet: http://www.t-systems.com

<pre>hello tim,

i still have some questions left: what is the meaning of the following variables
in the script (gjt-co.js)?

- module (i guess a String containing the module-name)
- RootDirectory (something like CVSROOT? "/usr/cvsroot")
- cvsCommand (no idea!! --> request.setCommand(cvsCommand))

thanks,
Matthias Minich

T-Systems GEI
DA-8 Application Support & Service
Adress: 1-3 Goebelstrasse, Darmstadt, 64293
Postal Adress: P.O. box 1006045, Darmstadt, 64206
Phone: +49 6151 820-9950
eMail: matthias.minich@t-systems.com
Internet: http://www.t-systems.com

<pre>hello,

tim's CVSImplementation-Class works very well without any problems. i've also
tried to implement cvsc in an empty project but without success all given
directories exist (d:\test, d:\test\cvsco, d:\test\localroot, d:\test\temp) and
are empty. the export()-method completes without errors but does nothing but
creating an empty log-file. the code follows below...

regards,
Matthias Minich

T-Systems GEI
DA-8 Application Support & Service
Adress: 1-3 Goebelstrasse, Darmstadt, 64293
Postal Adress: P.O. box 1006045, Darmstadt, 64206
Phone: +49 6151 820-9950
eMail: matthias.minich@t-systems.com
Internet: http://www.t-systems.com

--------------------------snip--------------------------
public void export() throws Exception{

CVSEntryVector entry = new CVSEntryVector();
CVSArgumentVector argument = new CVSArgumentVector();
CVSClient client = new CVSClient("172.16.88.157", 2401);
CVSProject project = new CVSProject(client);
CVSRequest request = new CVSRequest();
File coDir = new File("d:\\test\\cvsco\\");

if(!coDir.exists()){
if(!coDir.mkdirs()){
throw new IOException("Could not create Directories '" +
coDir.getPath() + "'.");
}
}

argument.appendArgument("ARS-Test");
project.setUserName("mminich");
project.setPassword(CVSScramble.scramblePassword("lalala", 'A'));
try {
project.setTempDirectory("d:\\test\\temp");
}
catch (Exception ex) {
ex.printStackTrace();
}
project.setRepository("ARS-Test");
project.setRootDirectory("/usr/cvsroot");
project.setLocalRootDirectory("d:\\test\\localroot");
project.setPServer(true);
project.setConnectionMethod(CVSRequest.METHOD_INETD);
project.setAllowsGzipFileMode(false);
project.establishRootEntry("d:\\test\\localroot");

request.setPServer(true);
request.setUserName(project.getUserName());
request.setPassword(project.getPassword());

request.setConnectionMethod(project.getConnectionMethod());
request.setServerCommand(project.getServerCommand());
request.setRshProcess(project.getRshProcess());

request.setPort(CVSClient.DEFAULT_CVS_PORT);
request.setHostName("172.16.88.157");

request.setRepository("ARS-Test");
request.setLocalDirectory(project.getLocalRootDirectory());
request.setRootDirectory(project.getRootDirectory());
request.setRootRepository(project.getRootDirectory());

request.setSetVariables(project.getSetVariables());
request.setCommand("co");

request.sendModule = false;
request.sendArguments = true;
request.sendEntries = false;
request.handleUpdated = true;
request.allowOverWrites = true;
request.queueResponse = true;
request.responseHandler = project;
request.includeNotifies = false;
request.handleEntries = true;

request.traceRequest = debugProtocol;
request.traceResponse = debugProtocol;
request.traceTCPData = debugProtocol;
request.traceProcessing = debugProtocol;

request.allowGzipFileMode = project.allowsGzipFileMode();
request.setEntries( entry );
request.appendArguments( argument );

PrintWriter redir = null;

if ( debugProtocol ){
redir = new PrintWriter(new FileWriter( "d:\\test" + File.separator
+ "co-log.txt" ) );
request.setRedirectWriter( redir );
}

CVSResponse response = client.processCVSRequest( request );
System.out.println(response.toString());

project.processCVSResponse( request, response );

if ( response != null
&& ! request.saveTempFiles )
{
response.deleteTempFiles();
}
if ( response.getStatus() != CVSResponse.OK )
{
throw new IOException
( "checkout of '" + "ARS-Test" + "' failed: "
+ response.getDisplayResults() );
}
if ( redir != null )
{
redir.close();
}
}
--------------------------snap--------------------------

<pre>Well, first 10x.
CVSImplementation took me a while to get to a certain standard for a server
application.
as for your code, just look in my code i use the same code in every function.
If you just need the common cvs commands just use my lib, if you want to break
away from that, you are on your
own.
good luck.

* - * - *
Tzahi Fadida
MSc Student
Information System Engineering Area
Faculty of Industrial Engineering & Management
Technion - Israel Institute of Technology
Technion City, Haifa, Israel 32000
Email TzahiFadida@MyRealBox.com
Technion Email: Tzahi@TX.Technion.ac.il
* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - *

WARNING TO SPAMMERS: see at http://members.lycos.co.uk/my2nis/spamwarning.html

<pre>yeah, some very helpful answer... I don't want to complain about your work
Tzahi, it is useful and does some great work for me checking out modules and
handling eventual errors. But I need to perform some other operations as
checkout -c and import / export. So I guess this is the right place to ask -->
not everyone is an expert in Java and so am I (began to study ComputerScience).
So if someone has an idea on what went wrong in my code and/or can provide me
with some easy(!) code-snippets, I'd be very grateful.

kind regards,
Matthias Minich

T-Systems GEI
DA-8 Application Support & Service
Adress: 1-3 Goebelstrasse, Darmstadt, 64293
Postal Adress: P.O. box 1006045, Darmstadt, 64206
Phone: +49 6151 820-9950
eMail: matthias.minich@t-systems.com
Internet: http://www.t-systems.com

<pre>i didn't try to accomodate things like that. but the simplest way to check if
you can do it is to add it to
the "arugmentStr" of the checkout string. i.e: "-c"
if its a global argument, i understand you need to put it in "[-c]"
good luck.