[jcvs] We want to build an ourself GUI of jCVS and use ccvs  XML

<pre>We want to build an ourself GUI of jCVS and use ccvs package of jCVS,
some code below

request.setHostName(this.url.getText());
request.setPServer(true);
request.setPort(2401);
request.setConnectionMethod(CVSRequest.METHOD_INETD);
request.setUserName(this.username.getText());
request.setPassword(this.password.getPassword().toString());
request.setRepository(this.remoteModuleName.getText());
request.setRootRepository(this.remoteModulePath.getText());
request.setRootDirectory(this.remoteModulePath.getText());
request.setLocalDirectory(this.localModuleName.getText());
project.setLocalRootDirectory(this.localDir.getText());
project.setServerCommand("co");
project.setUserName(this.username.getText());
project.setPassword(this.password.getPassword().toString());
project.setConnectionMethod(CVSRequest.METHOD_INETD);
project.setConnectionPort(2401);
request.responseHandler = project;
request.traceRequest = CVSProject.overTraceRequest;
request.traceResponse = CVSProject.overTraceResponse;
request.traceTCPData = CVSProject.overTraceTCP;
request.traceProcessing = CVSProject.overTraceProcessing;
request.allowGzipFileMode = project.allowsGzipFileMode();
request.setGzipStreamLevel( project.getGzipStreamLevel() );
CVSResponse response=client.processCVSRequest(request);
CVSRespItemVector itemVector=response.getItemList();

then seems to success login,maybe.
then we get a error message by using System.out.println( response.toString()
);

CVSResponse: 0 items.
The CVS Request failed.
Failed authentication with the user name 'guest'.
cvs [pserver aborted]: descramble: unknown scrambling method

what's go wrong. what do we lost?

<pre>dafs adf wrote:

> We want to build an ourself GUI of jCVS and use ccvs package of jCVS,
> some code below
> project.setPassword(this.password.getPassword().toString());
> then seems to success login,maybe.
> then we get a error message by using System.out.println(
response.toString() );

> CVSResponse: 0 items.
> The CVS Request failed.
> Failed authentication with the user name 'guest'.
> cvs [pserver aborted]: descramble: unknown scrambling method
>
> what's go wrong. what do we lost?

The password must be scrambled before you send it to the server. There
are methods in jCVS to do this scrambling. (I don't remember off the
top of my head.) The best approach when you have an issue like this, is
to examine the jCVS GUI client code to see what is done there.

Ray

<pre>I experienced this before.
Before you think to change the client code, use the existing one first, then
check whether you can check out.

You must edit passwd file in CVS server, add CVS users, and these users must be
associated with UNIX system user.
In jCVS, you need to add this user in project properties.

Thanks and Regards,
VN

> We want to build an ourself GUI of jCVS and use ccvs package of jCVS,
> some code below
> project.setPassword(this.password.getPassword().toString());
> then seems to success login,maybe.
> then we get a error message by using System.out.println(
response.toString() );

> CVSResponse: 0 items.
> The CVS Request failed.
> Failed authentication with the user name 'guest'.
> cvs [pserver aborted]: descramble: unknown scrambling method
>
> what's go wrong. what do we lost?

The password must be scrambled before you send it to the server. There
are methods in jCVS to do this scrambling. (I don't remember off the
top of my head.) The best approach when you have an issue like this, is
to examine the jCVS GUI client code to see what is done there.

Ray

This email is confidential and intended only for the use of the individual or
entity named above and may contain information that is privileged. If you are
not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this email in error, please notify us immediately by return email or
telephone and destroy the original message. - This mail is sent via Sony Asia
Pacific Mail Gateway.

<pre>String scrambled = CVSScramble.scramblePassword( passWord, 'A' );
project.setPassword( scrambled );

> We want to build an ourself GUI of jCVS and use ccvs package of jCVS,
> some code below
>
> request.setHostName(this.url.getText());
> request.setPServer(true);
> request.setPort(2401);
> request.setConnectionMethod(CVSRequest.METHOD_INETD);
> request.setUserName(this.username.getText());
> request.setPassword(this.password.getPassword().toString());
> request.setRepository(this.remoteModuleName.getText());
> request.setRootRepository(this.remoteModulePath.getText());
> request.setRootDirectory(this.remoteModulePath.getText());
> request.setLocalDirectory(this.localModuleName.getText());
> project.setLocalRootDirectory(this.localDir.getText());
> project.setServerCommand("co";
> project.setUserName(this.username.getText());
> project.setPassword(this.password.getPassword().toString());
> project.setConnectionMethod(CVSRequest.METHOD_INETD);
> project.setConnectionPort(2401);
> request.responseHandler = project;
> request.traceRequest = CVSProject.overTraceRequest;
> request.traceResponse = CVSProject.overTraceResponse;
> request.traceTCPData = CVSProject.overTraceTCP;
> request.traceProcessing = CVSProject.overTraceProcessing;
> request.allowGzipFileMode = project.allowsGzipFileMode();
> request.setGzipStreamLevel( project.getGzipStreamLevel() );
> CVSResponse response=client.processCVSRequest(request);
> CVSRespItemVector itemVector=response.getItemList();
>
> then seems to success login,maybe.
> then we get a error message by using System.out.println(
response.toString() );

> CVSResponse: 0 items.
> The CVS Request failed.
> Failed authentication with the user name 'guest'.
> cvs [pserver aborted]: descramble: unknown scrambling method
>
> what's go wrong. what do we lost?

<pre>Hi,
I have implemented a group of simple functions to interface to the cvsc
library.
you can look at it and maybe it will help you understand more things. of
course,
if you are looking to replace the gui, you might think of a more in depth
understanding
of the cvsc library.
checkout www.technion.ac.il/~tzahi
the cvslib section.