encoding problem  XML
Forum Index » JCVS Developers
Author Message
Anonymous

Hi.
I want to make a application with CVS client.
First i am testing jcvsii.
There is a problem.
Filename is unreadable.
DRR_¾îÇø®ÄÉÀ̼Ç.ppt

I live in Korea.
Java uses 2 byte for Korean.
Maybe it causes the problem.

Do you have a idea?

Thanks in advance.
time

Location: Bangkok
Offline

Hi,

I am sorry to say that this is a known bug in jCVS. I forget if this is in the
com.ice.cvsc package itself, or in jCVS II.

However, I have a patch from a Japanese user that fixes this problem. I have not
had time to integrate the patch, but I will try to find it in my mailbox and
post it here so that you may have a chance to patch your code to see if it works
for you.

Again I apologize for this "american-centric" code. I will do my best to correct
this for you and others.
[Email] [WWW]
lgy

I will appreciate your help.
If you have the patch or fix the bug, please post it at once.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 15/08/2004 22:11:17

[Email]
time

Location: Bangkok
Offline

The email exchange below shows how a Chinese user patched to code to get jCVS
(actually the com.ice.cvsc package) to recognize the Chinese characterset for
filenames in the CVS repository. I suspect that this patch is the very minimal
required to get it working, as I think there are many more places where Strings
are created that should also be patched. I hope that this is enough to get you
working. If you should apply more patches to create a more complete solution,
please send along the patches and I will try to get them into the release.

tim.

OK! I am very busy these days , so very sorry to reply you late.
I am glad to I can help to improve the jCVS.
In fact its very simple to do, and not only fit for Chinese user ,
but other country (such as Japanese...).
Now because I have no time in solve these problem ultimately,
I just made change in file CVSProject.java , and add the following
code before use the repositoryName, getPathName.

try{
String tempName = item.getRepositoryName();
item.setRepositoryName( new String( tempName.getBytes( "ISO8859_1" ),
"gb2312" ) );
String tempName = item.getPathName();
item.setPathName( new String( tempName.getBytes( "ISO8859_1" ), "gb2312" ) );
}
catch( UnsupportedEncodingException ex )
{
System.out.println( ex.getMessage() );
}

Thanks